Kristin Norton, CEO
With the holidays upon us, it’s a great time to reflect on the importance of family, friends, and community. While Green Room was started with a vision of helping health tech companies around the world, we never lose focus on our local community.
We like to say, “Keep Austin Innovative!” So, in that spirit, and with a healthy appreciation of the great mix of Austin – technology, music, and a little bit of weird – Green Room actively supports:
We believe we are stronger when the community thrives. For our part,
- CEO Kristin Norton co-founded Austin Med Tech Connect along with local surgeon and community leader, Jawad Ali, and local start-up leader, Jeff Levine, CEO of Advanced Scanners
- And joined Amy Chidester gerontologist, caregiver advocate, and consultant in her efforts at the Global Agetech Innovations Lab (G.A.I.L.) to support agetech growth in Austin and beyond
- Chief Medical Office, Bob Teague continues to mentor young companies in a variety of accelerator programs including Mass Challenge
- Darrell Woelk, Chief Technology Officer assisted client 1 True Health in working with computer science students with their “Capstone Projects” for UT Design at UT Dallas
- And made a return visit to Dr. Ying Ding’s class at the UT School of Information, opening young minds to the prospects of interoperability and innovation around the FHIR data standard
- Dan Greenfield lent his creative expertise to promote the Texas Medical Device Alliance
- We also donated a table at the Austin Humane Society “Wags to Riches” gala in honor of Darrel and Barbara’s pup, Rascal, and had a great time with friends and family
- And continued our support of Austin music scene’s Taylor Graves and the Tombstone Trio by sponsoring the Austin Guitar School in their name.
To learn more about Green Room’s activities, visit Green Room’s Community Page and join us regularly “In the Green Room” via our company newsletter!