Kristin Norton, CEO
With the holidays upon us, it’s a great time to reflect on the importance of family, friends, and community. While Green Room was started with a vision of helping health tech companies around the world, we never lose focus on our local community.
We like to say, “Keep Austin Innovative!” So, in that spirit, and with a healthy appreciation of the great mix of Austin – technology, music, and a little bit of weird – Green Room actively supports:
We believe we are stronger when the community thrives. For our part,
- CEO Kristin Norton co-founded Austin Med Tech Connect along with local surgeon and community leader, Jawad Ali, and local start-up leader, Jeff Levine, CEO of Advanced Scanners
- And joined Amy Chidester gerontologist, caregiver advocate, and consultant in her efforts at the Global Agetech Innovations Lab (G.A.I.L.) to support agetech growth in Austin and beyond
- Chief Medical Office, Bob Teague continues to mentor young companies in a variety of accelerator programs including Mass Challenge
- Darrell Woelk, Chief Technology Officer assisted client 1 True Health in working with computer science students with their “Capstone Projects” for UT Design at UT Dallas
- And made a return visit to Dr. Ying Ding’s class at the UT School of Information, opening young minds to the prospects of interoperability and innovation around the FHIR data standard
- Dan Greenfield lent his creative expertise to promote the Texas Medical Device Alliance
- We also donated a table at the Austin Humane Society “Wags to Riches” gala in honor of Darrel and Barbara’s pup, Rascal, and had a great time with friends and family
- And continued our support of Austin music scene’s Taylor Graves and the Tombstone Trio by sponsoring the Austin Guitar School in their name.